Academic and cultural achievements
- In 2013 ten CSU students became DAAD grant-holders;
- In spring 2013 Faculty held a festival of students' projects, dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the German-French friendship;
- Students of Linguistics and Translation Faculty took part as volunteers in World Summer Universiade 2013 in Kazan, participated in qualifying competitions in Sochi, in Euro Water polo Championship, Euro Judo Championship and in taekwondo play-offs 2013.
- In the frames of academic mobility students underwent trainings in the United States, France, Italy, Germany, China and Poland during exchange semester program.
- Teachers from Germany, Italy, Spain, the United States and China regularly work on the Faculty.
Educational programs in a foreign language. International projects, seminars, conferences and partners
All educational programs are realized in 6 languages.
Students have the opportunity to get a double-degree diploma of Chelyabinsk State University and Arnhem Business School (Netherlands) in «Human Resource Management» and in «Tourism» with Tarbes University (France).
Education scheme: 3 years on Linguistic and Translation Faculty + 1 year of partner-University = double-degree diploma
Partner Universities and organizations
- Westminster University;
- Russian Language and Literature Department of Oxford University
- Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD);
- Business training center (CCI) under the American and British Consulates in Yekaterinburg
- Education Center of methods for youth outreach (CEMEA);
- Alliance Française Association;
- French Consulate in Yekaterinburg;
- Perpignan University;
- Arnhem Business School (Netherlands);
- Tarbes University (France).
- Liaocheng University (China, Shandong Province)
In 2013 teaching personnel of Faculty of Linguistics and Translation improved their skills at University of Granada (Spain), Oxford (Great Britain), International education Centre (Ireland), Wurzburg University (Germany).
International projects, seminars and conferences:
In 2013 teaching personnel of Linguistics and Translation Faculty took part in International Scientific Conferences: «Cognition and Poetics», Osnabruck (Germany), "Cross-cultural Pragmatics at a Crossroads III", Norwich (Great Britain), «I-mean conference 2013», Bristol (Great Britain), «Intersemiotic Translation», Lydz University (Poland), "6th International Conference on Language and Linguistics" in Athens University, Athens (Greece).
In September 2013 in frames of academic mobility program faculty teaching personnel gave a course of lectures on Intercultural Communication and English Language Stylistics in English at Liaocheng University (China).