Educational credential assessment (foreign education recognition)
The foreign education and/or qualification recognition in the Russian Federation means the official confirmation of the level of acquired abroad education and/or qualification with granting rights for admission to the Russian universities.
There are two ways to receive a certificate of recognition:
1. Apply for the recognition procedure individually through a personal account on the website of FSBI "Glavexperttsentr" (https://nic.gov.ru/ru/proc/nic/online/wr)
2. Contact the International Office (off. 348, the main building or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
The average time of application processing provided that you have submitted the full set of documents is 45 days (excluding time for documents shipping). If any additional data is required, the terms may be extended up to 90 days.
According to the legislation of the Russian Federation the documents issued in another country can be used (can be accepted by the Russian bodies and organizations) only with legalization.
Legalization is a number of certain formal procedures for giving the document validity on the territory of another country for the purpose of representing it in official bodies of another state.
There are 2 types of documents on foreign education legalization:
1. Consular legalization (for the countries which are not the members of the Hague Convention in and do not have mutual legal assistance treaties with the Russian Federation),
This procedure is carried out in 2 stages:
- witnessing of documents by competent authorities of foreign affairs of the country of issue of the document by putting down the corresponding stamps with the indication of the position and the signature of the assuring person;
- witnessing of documents by consular services of the Russian Federation (consulate or embassy of the Russian Federation) in the country of issue of the document by putting down the corresponding stamps with the indication of the position and the signature of the assuring person.
2. Apostille (for the member countries of the Hague Convention)
Apostille is a simplified legalization procedure. The "Apostille" stamp is put down on the original of the document or on a separate sheet, which is attached to the document and could be made in the official language of the body which is giving it out. It is put down by competent authorized bodies of the country of issue of the document (State Secretary, Department of Education, Ministry of Education, educational institutions and others).
Note! Apostille is not a separate document and it is valid only with a document being certified. Each apostille issued has its reference number. The Hague Convention does not allow to make any amendments in the text of apostille or change the sequence of the lines in the stamp. Stamp photocopying is not permitted.
Documents on foreign education and identity documents (passport) in a foreign language shall be translated into Russian.
The translation may be made either in the Russian Federation or in the applicant's country of residence/stay.
The translation shall be certified.
- In case there is a mutual legal assistance treaty with the applicant's country of residence/stay and the translation is made in the country of residence/stay, it is certified by a notary in the country of residence/stay or in the Russian Federation.
- In case there is no mutual legal assistance treaty with the applicant's country of residence/stay and the translation is made in the country of residence/stay, it is certified by a stamp of a Consular Affairs Division of the Russian Embassy/ Consulate.
*The Russian Federation has mutual legal assistance treaties with the following countries: Republic of Armenia, Azerbaijan Republic, Republic of Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Republic of Uzbekistan.
Translation of the documents on foreign education and identity documents (passport) made in the Russian Federation are certified by a notary. The translation shall be bounded with the original or a notary certified copy of the document.
Note! We highly recommend you to translate the documents in the Russian Federation.
You may refer to the following companies in order to translate and certify translation in Chelyabinsk:
|Avanta Translating |
Chelyabinsk, ul. Kaslinskaia, 25. Tel.: +7 351 791 32 96 (translation only)
Chelyabinsk, pr. Pobedy, 119. Tel.: +7 912 804 87 71 (translation and notary certification)
You may receive information on notary translation at: + 7 351 774 59 47.
|Prima Vista||Chelyabinsk, ul. Kirova, 19, off. 704. Tel.: +7 351 247 25 37, +7 351 247 25 38.|
|PQITA ||Chelyabinsk, ul. Kaslinskaia, 77, off. 310. Tel.: 8(351)729-91-77 (extension 117).|
|Lingvo Master ||Chelyabinsk, ul. Truda, 64а, off. 601. Tel.: +7 351 247 00 53. |
|The South Urals Chamber of Commerce and Industry||Chelyabinsk, ul. Soni Krivoy, 56. Tel.: +7 351 263 6761, e-mail: email@example.com|