454001, г. Челябинск, ул.Братьев Кашириных, 129
Личный кабинет
Главная > Текущая страница

In order to  legally stay on the territory of the Russian Federation, citizens of countries with visa entry need to:

  • fill out a migration card when crossing the border;
  • within 7 days from the moment of crossing the border to get on the migration registration;
  • obtain a voluntary health insurance policy;
  • prolong visa and migration registration documents.
Migration Card

All foreign citizens arriving in the Russian Federation must fill in a migration card. Free forms of the migration card are issued on the plane/train and before the passport control at the airport.

The migration card is a proof that you have crossed the border of the Russian Federation legally.

How do I fill in the migration card?

The migration card must be filled in in Russian,  ​claerly and without blots and corrections, and the purpose of your stay must be STUDY. 

After filling out the card, give it to a border guard officer. You will receive a tear-off part of the form - this is your migration card, which is important to keep throughout your stay on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Period of validity of the migration card

The migration card is valid as long as you are on the territory of the Russian Federation. If a foreign citizen leaves the territory of the Russian Federation, he/she returns the migration card at the border control, and when re-entering fills out a new one.​
Migration registration

Foreign citizens coming to Russia to study must get the migration registration within 7 days from the date of entry into the territory of the Russian Federation.

To get the migration registration a foreign citizen must apply to the Department of International Cooperation of CSU (academic building №1, auditorium 348) within 3 days from the date of entry into the Russian Federation; you must have a passport and a migration card.

After migration registration you will receive a detachable part of the notice of arrival form with a mark of the Migration Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation - this is your document of migration registration. It gives you the right to stay in the country for the period specified in it.

If a foreign citizen enters with a single entry visa, the migration registration is for the period until the expiry of the entry visa.
Visa extension

To extend a visa a foreign student must apply to the Department of International Cooperation (academic building №1, AUD 348) 40 days before the expiration of his/her current visa.

The following documents are required for visa extension:
  • Passport with a valid visa.
  • Migration card.
  • One 30*40 mm photo.
  • Tear-off part of notification of arrival form.
  • Receipt for payment of state duty (1600 rubles).
  • Voluntary medical insurance policy

Important: Each time after visa extension you must pass the procedure of migration registration once again.

Responsibility for violation of migration legislation of the Russian Federation

Violation of the regulations of migration ​ legislation is punishable by a fine of 3 to 5 thousand rubles. In some cases, the absence of necessary documents, illegal labor activity and other violations may become a reason for deportation of a foreign citizen from the Russian Federation; for two or more administrative violations within 3 years a foreign citizen faces a ban on entering the territory of the Russian Federation for a period of 5 years.​