Institute of International Education
Chelyabinsk State University constantly develops international cooperation the history of which started back in 1994, when the University first began acting as a member of the TEMPUS program. As a result of enhanced communication between the universities and the effective common work in the framework of TEMPUS project, CSU management, lecturers and students got a clear impression of the model of the European comprehensive university. This knowledge constituted the basis of the plan of CSU development as an educational institution of the 21st century. The plan also presupposed solving certain problems such as availability of CSU education, its quality, and effectiveness.
Today, international cooperation is one of the key priorities for Chelyabinsk State University. Multifaceted international development of the university provides its students and employees with a wide range of opportunities to apply and improve their professional skills as well as ensures the constant enhancement of the educational process.
It is the Institute of International Education in collaboration with management and academic divisions that are developing international affairs of CSU.
Structure of the Institute of International Education:
- International Office
- German Centre
- Department of Russian as a Foreign Language
- Networking Cooperation Centre
Establishment of the Institute of International Education was stipulated by the modern trend of higher educational institutions internationalization and global challenges in the field of education and science.
Objectives of the Institute of International Education:
- building of CSU awareness in the international arena;
- coordination and facilitation of internationalization processes of the university.
- creation of multicultural environment;
- attraction, admission, and support of foreign students;
- migration support of foreign students;
- providing assistance in recognition of foreign education and/ or qualification;
- development of international research and academic cooperation;
- promotion of academic mobility of CSU students and faculty;
- carrying out testing for Russian language knowledge.